Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Lizzo Speaks On What Made Her Seek Therapy

Lizzo is a singer/rapper from Houston who has been doing her thing for almost ten years now. In her recent interview on Power 105.1 FM radio's The Breakfast Club show, she talked about starting to see a therapist last year. And she went on to talk about the reason for seeking therapy.

Read her words on this below...

"I think for me, I just really had to keep it real with myself. Cos I did use a lot of other things like, I would be like 'shake it off.' Or I would be like, 'you can handle this, you're strong enough.' 'Pray it off.' And a lot of times my job is so amazing, like I get to...I've been touring forever. Like I've been touring before I've been selling records. So, it's like, I get to go on stage and just dance and sing, and people cheer. Like that's such a great job, and I was like, let me go on stage and just transmute this energy and turn it from something negative into something positive. And that always used to work for me. Umm, because performing is the joy of my life. 


But that day it was a show, and I was so unhappy, and I couldn't talk to my friends. Like I was crying in the bathroom, and I physically was just like, I can't bring them in here. And then umm, I was going to the stage and I was like, 'I don't want to play this show.' And that thought has never crossed my mind...I've never been so emotional I couldn't play a show. And then I got on stage and I performed. And a lot of people were like, 'I saw you at Santa Barbara and you were amazing.' And I was like, 'Ha! I was on the verge of a nervous breakdown.' And then I walked off stage and I was still crying. And I was still sad. And that had never happened. And I said, you know what, this is going to get in the way of my livelihood; the thing that makes me the most happy. So I was like, I gotta...you gotta pay that money to make that money too. I was like, I'm gonna invest in this because this is my life investment."

You can watch the full interview below...she talks of almost having a nervous breakdown around the 29 minute mark.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar