There's gotta be something in the water! The OSR is exploding with announcements for print zines. The two newest are Crawl! and The Manor.
With these two additions to the list I previously posted, are we starting to see the death of the gift economy and a rebirth of the fan economy? Does the free PDF fanzine still have a place? Is this explosion of zines more evidence of our nostalgia for the gaming days of years gone past? Is it evidence of our renewed love for the game? I have more questions to ponder, but I think I'll stop there.
I'm not complaining about the renewed interest of pay & post paper zines, of course--I see these publications as a net win for the hobby. Folks who put in the time and effort to create a physical product that arrives in the mail need to be compensated for the material and postage costs, at the very least. And man, for a few bucks an issue, you get a lot of stuff to drop into your game--all for literally less than the cost of a sugary dessert "coffee" beverage at Starbucks.
So, I'm cutting back on coffee for a month and ordering up subscriptions to a year's worth of gaming goodness. Who's with me!?

0 Yorumlar