I must be feeling financial at the moment as I have splashed out on an unnecessary kitchen appliance – a George Foreman Spiralizer. It is the electronic way of turning courgettes, carrots etc. into ribbons of noodles.
I used it last night and forgot to photograph the container full of long narrow strips of carrot, courgette, and kumara (sweet potato) – it was quite colourful.
I snipped the long lengths into shorter ones to make them more manageable and then added them to our stir-fry. I mean, I could have used a knife to cut them into matchsticks or something, but this was much more fun!
Our weather is definitely on the cooler side now, and we are lighting the fire most nights. Thankfully we have missed the heavy rain that has flooded Canterbury (one friend there has had to evacuate, but hoping to get home again today).
It is only three more weeks until we reach the shortest day – which I always feel should mean things will begin warming up, but they normally get colder after that. It seems to signal more the start of winter than the middle of it.
I had a happy time on Monday night visiting my youngest grand-daughter. I don’t get to see her very often, but this was her eighth birthday and I was thrilled to be able to spend some time with her.
Have a great week everyone 😊
Margaret.


0 Yorumlar