Since my part-time job hours have diminished to a third of what they once were, I am determined to make productive use of my time here to save and generate money. I intend to grow, cook, and preserve as much as possible from our own acres; market and move fleeces and sheep; stockpile handmade gifts; continue to organize, downsize, and exercise; and stay true to my "non-acquisition year." Thanks to Rick's new hobby, he is assisting in the gift department. Here is his latest FO, a housewarming gift for friends:
Even though we are in an extended cool and mostly cloudy spell (I love it!), the soil was well warmed when we planted our garden and the beans and peas are coming up:

Strawberries need to be picked, but I spent yesterday evening pulling and chopping tansy, bull thistle and Canadian thistle in the upper pasture. Buds were starting to form so time was of the essence. I'm hoping someone gets to the strawberries this afternoon; right now I have to get ready and go to town for a co-worker's lunch and excursions to the feed and grocery stores.
That's it for now from . . .






0 Yorumlar