Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

My purchases this morning - and I'm as pleased as Punch!

Every year around this time there's an open market here on the sea-front in which local charities set up their stalls to flog off items they've been donated. I go every year for an annual book-buying binge. Today I got a bumper crop - no less than 35 books (all second-hand, of course) at an incredibly low total outlay of just £28 (about $50 American). I needed 4 bags in which to carry them all back home, but could have bought even more were it not for the weight.
    Particularly pleased about getting the first and third novels in the Stieg Larsson trilogy ('Girl/Dragon Tattoo' + 'Hornets' Nest'), a Peter Ackroyd 1400-pager on Dickens and a couple of Stephen Kings I didn't have.
  I tend to give a wide berth to the stalls run by religious charities but gravitate towards those concerning sickness, disease, ageing, homelessness etc but most of all to the animal charity stalls.
    Now with these purchases, together with the dozen or so books I already had but haven't yet got round to, they should keep me busy for a while - maybe even until Easter.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar