I have been Illin with a sinus infection. If Run D.M.C. comes to mind, that was my intent. If you don't know who that is, check it out. It was my nickname in Alaska. This song was popular at the club I worked at. I was a hostess/cashier/and Girl Friday. The DJ nicknamed me Illin. He use to dedicate this song to me. I'm better, but now the Ho-Hums have set in. For the record, I am not bored. I am never bored; I just feel worn out and weary.
January is so not my month. I have had a lot of unfortunate events, a lot of mishaps and tragedy has happened in this month. My Dad died years ago, bad car accident in college, son was told he had cancer his Senior year, he didn't, etc. It just isn't my month. I try to find creative ways to snap out of it. Silly, kooky ways, for example I'm trying to beat my daughter at Just Dance 3. My daughter is having friends over for a Taco Party, with a Zelda marathon tonight. My son got my hubby hooked on The Walking Dead series, so he is playing catch up. Son and daughter's boyfriend are into Skyrim.
There isn't any snow, yet it sure feels like cabin fever has set in. It is odd though, because I call July, blizzard month. It is so humid n' hot, no one wants to be outside, unless it is early morning or late at night. It seems to be a whole month, of indoor movies, games etc. Spring, fall n' winter are more our outdoorsy months. Maybe my blood hasn't thinned yet. I'm a transplant to the south, but I truly love it here. I still have a New England accent which is pretty funny, with a southern twang. I will be brave one of these days and make a video. You can have a laugh on me! :D I know, I sound funny~
What do you do when the winter doldrums, I mean ho hums strike? I am still working on my 1000 photos, finding things that I have and consider gifts. I will share more pics soon. What gives you joy these days? Now, now...don't fear Friday the 13th. I have had a lot of luck on this day.
This was a gift, from my friend Abby. It goes with my theme to find Joy, in the ordinary. Thank you Abby, it is beautiful!

0 Yorumlar