Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Babies, Kids & Collections

At my sister's party the other day I was talking about my green dishes I've collected and my older sister said - "You have so many collections, where are you going to put them?".  I didn't have an answer.. lol!  But I've seen Jadeite collections all stacked up in china cabinets and such - so I opened up my cabinet and took everything out of the 2nd shelf and dusted the shelf and commenced to putting my dishes away.  And they all fit!  So.. that's where I'm putting it!  :-)  On the bottom shelf are a set of vintage Johnson Brother's dishes and a collection from my houseboat era, some WWII Ward Room china Navy dishes that they used aboard Navy ships during the time of Pearl Harbor.  Looking at all this I guess I could serve an army on these dishes.  LOL!  (I crocheted the lace edging to fit the 3 shelves in the china cabinet.)
Remember me telling you about the monument I arranged to have installed at Portland Women's Forum State Scenic Viewpoint?  It's done!  We drove up to the park on Sunday to see how it turned out and it's AWESOME!  I'm so proud to have had a part in getting this back up to the park where it belonged.  :-)  The stoneworker said he had an old capstone that would fit on top and it's perfect and wonderful.  What do you think? 
If you turn to the right while looking at the monument, this is the view you see.  I'm happy to see the smoke is clearing.  This shot is unzoomed.. this is how far Vista House is from the viewpoint.  This is THE place to take photos of the gorge.
A bit of a zoom in.. you can see Vista House better and Beacon Rock and if you look close to the right of the big rock, you can see Bonneville Dam. 
Zoooooooom... Vista House with cars and people... I love this Lumix camera! 
My friend Shirley has collected miniatures for years.... she keeps them in old type drawers hung on the wall.  At her birthday the other day she handed me something, I unwrapped it to find these sweet little miniatures she was giving me for my dollhouse!  A tiny pair of brass candlesticks with real hand dipped wax candles!  A teeny tiny inkwell with a tiny quill pen!  And a hand blown glass vase with a tiny handmade rose!  They are now in the dollhouse... thank you, Shirley!
Yesterday my friend Rocio (who went to school with my daughter Amy) came to visit and show me her adorable 5th child, Katherine, isn't she adorable?  I got to put the pink booties on her myself and tie the ribbon and they fit perfectly!!  :-)  They look too big but her feet just fit.  
Too bad I didn't make a dress to match! :-)
Rocio was suddenly surrounded by her 4 older blessings and our 2 youngest grandsons - I thought this was so cute.  
Our little guys were fascinated with her, touching her face and looking at her intently. 
All the boys were pretty fascinated with the pond and I let them feed the fish. 
The warm sun was low in the sky and cast an orange glow over the farm yard..  
My lady garden sculpture is being engulfed by the fuchsia..  
As it got darker I saw the little guys scrambling up by the lady and they remembered when I had them pose there last time and they were saying.. CHEEEEEESE!  I love the glow of the Chinese lantern that Dayle brought home from his Dad's back yard after he passed away. 
I have the table all set up for Fall, again.  I hope that my friend Shirley and her husband enjoy it while they are here for the week we'll be in Ohio.

I really am enjoying my 3 little crocheted pumpkins.  Did you make one?  OK, lots to do, talk to you later!  ((hugs)), Teresa :-) 

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar