We went to Killarney last Friday and I chose a book in The Works for my Christmas present. Mortimer and Waterhouse: Gone Fishing. Ten Euros for an hard back book and a font that is readable. When we got home the missus wrapped it up and put it away for Christmas. Such is life.
The book is a spin off from their superb television series: Gone Fishing.
I opened the book yesterday and I ate (read) a quarter of the book last night. It's so beautifully written. Full of silly daft humour and also pathos.
It reminds me of when I was young and I would read the Mr Crabtree Fishing book and Daily Mirror cartoon strip.. When he would take his nephew fishing. Teaching him how to observe and fall in love with the water craft that is Angling.
I don't think you need to be an active Angler to read this book. You might be like me who use to spend summers in their youth fishing in mill ponds, flooded quarries and streams. Remembering the laughs and failures and that man who told us to throw an Accrington brick under the water lilies to attract the Tench. Then he picked one up threw it in the water with the
noise of a bomb and an almighty splash and we never caught one fish!
Any one who wants to recapture their youth and realize we are all living on borrowed time, I recommend this book. Maybe I will even get the mini digger to dig a fishing pond next year and start fishing again or even buy a fishing and campsite site in France or Portugal?
The book is a spin off from their superb television series: Gone Fishing.
I opened the book yesterday and I ate (read) a quarter of the book last night. It's so beautifully written. Full of silly daft humour and also pathos.
It reminds me of when I was young and I would read the Mr Crabtree Fishing book and Daily Mirror cartoon strip.. When he would take his nephew fishing. Teaching him how to observe and fall in love with the water craft that is Angling.
I don't think you need to be an active Angler to read this book. You might be like me who use to spend summers in their youth fishing in mill ponds, flooded quarries and streams. Remembering the laughs and failures and that man who told us to throw an Accrington brick under the water lilies to attract the Tench. Then he picked one up threw it in the water with the
noise of a bomb and an almighty splash and we never caught one fish!
Any one who wants to recapture their youth and realize we are all living on borrowed time, I recommend this book. Maybe I will even get the mini digger to dig a fishing pond next year and start fishing again or even buy a fishing and campsite site in France or Portugal?


0 Yorumlar