Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Unhappy nails

Hi guys,

Before you start reading this, be warned; this is a rant post; I am NOT a happy bunny.

As you may know, I'm off on an adventure packed holiday soon, and so I decided to treat myself to a gel manicure for several reasons; it would last the duration of the holiday, it would mean I wouldn't have to lug my nail stuff round with me and I wouldn't be worrying about chipping. Sooooooooooooooo, with high hopes and an excited, pre-holiday spring in my step, I headed round to my local salon for a manicure. So far so good.

The excited feeling began to fade when the woman dealing with me wanted to cut my cuticles - er, hello, NO! This really should have been the point when I left, but no, I'm British and I stayed.

She painted and painted, and the nail blogger/lover in me kept thinking, "I'm sure she'll tidy that smudge up, I'm sure she'll clean my cuticles up". But no. And so after 30 minutes, I left the salon, in tears, with the worst manicure EVER! The colour was patchy, the polish was bubbling, and the cuticles.............eurgh! Unbelievable. 

I know what you're thinking - pictures please. But no, there are no pictures, it was just too horrible, and also I didn't have my camera on me.

I was so angry, partly at myself for staying, I circled the block a few times, wiped the tears away and headed back. I informed the woman that I wasn't happy and  wanted her to remove it (and was incredibly polite, considering how furious I was) - she told me that if she'd been able to cut my cuticles it would have been ok. BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH

Long story short; my cuticles are (please look away if you don't like swearing, because the only word appropriate to use here is) F*CKED and I know have dry, sad looking, naked nails. 

Rant over. 



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar