Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Nas Talks 10th Studio Album

After the 2008 Untitled album, Nas's fans all over have been waiting on the next album to drop from the rap legend. He dropped a duo album with Damian Marley last year (2010), which a lot believe is a Classic, but that can't hold fans for too long. Because of the worldwide acceptance of the Distant Relatives album with Damian Marley, the two have been on a worldwide tour for more than 14 months now, but nas has chosen to take a break out to work on his 10th album.

Read more about it below-
“The last record I did was, I was in a different place than I am now,” he said. “Now, I’m happy to express that different place and I’m just happy about music. I’m watching everyone do their thing, young guys, women, artists just doing they thing.”

Naming Odd Future, Lil Wayne, Drake and more as current influences, Nasty Nas said that his tenth solo LP doesn’t yet have a concept. “My new album that I’m working on is free flowing,” he said. “At this point, there’s not one concept that sums up the whole record. I’m just flowing. It’s really too early to tell who I’ll be collaborating with.”

 “I don’t want to look back on this record – because I can look back on my last record and I know that record, some songs didn’t belong there. I really overthought it. I don’t want it to be like that on this record,” he continued. “I want to be able to play this next record after it’s done and feel like I did it. I have to do something that’s new. It’s just in me. I have to do something that feels like it’s right right now, and it could last.”



I have watched a lot of nas interviews, and he is mostly always HIGH on something. I am serious, so sometimes, he just mumbles his words, and say somethings that he isn't meant to say, so i do not want to buy what he is saying about the Untitled album- That was a Classic album in my eye. I rate it along side Illmatic and Stillmatic...it is way better than Hip Hop is Dead.

 Maybe he felt the album didn't sell as much as the previous ones, and he thought something was wrong. The only thing that was wrong with the album was that it went over a lot of people's heads; that's why it didn't sell like that. In this Decade, that is my best Nas album, Period!

The only song i didn't get was Testify, but the rest were dope. Well, i guess that is how he feels at this point...it is all good, as long as he makes something even better with this one.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar