I cannot believe it is time for the Holiday collections but here we are.
So Christmas gifting time is upon us once more. It's time to start thinking about what to get everyone. Sigh. I do like that this time of year is all about the gift sets though. While I haven't seen too many that I like, the new Dior Holiday collection is quite nice.
It's called Splendor and its due this month.
A good portion of this collection is already out in America although there are bits still due to arrive in October. I think this may be when Europe will receive it. The palettes are gorgeous though as they have really cool sequin detail and the colour choice is based on the brands AW16 collection. Each palette is $63. I don't have European prices or Sterling yet so bear with me until we do and I shall update!
There is a gorgeous new gold shade which is limited edition called 006. It is being joined by four matte shades which will also be limited edition. Get 'em quick as Dior offer a formula that doesn't dry unlike conventional matte shades. They are retailing at $38 each.
Dior Diorific enamel is a set of nail varnishes in limited edition packaging. I must admit, I've never tried Dior nail varnish so I cannot say for certain if they are any good or not. I love the design of the bottle though. They are a little pricey for a test drive at $28 each but I would be tempted by the limited edition nail art bottle (not picture) which can be added over the top to give a shattered glass effect.
The collection also features one mono eye shadow. Its a light weight metallic formula that melts into the skin. It is again, pricey for a test run at $31. Mind you, the palette is literally double the price with five different shades. Not sure if I would pay it to be honest. I've had bad experiences with Dior make up after I purchased the worst lipstick in the world from them. A baby pink (I actually didn't mind the colour at the time) sheer lipstick that was closer to a balm then a lipstick. However, it didn't even stay on for longer then ten minutes and was see through on the actual lips.
I ended up throwing it. I'd be open to trying again but I think I would need some time to get over the lipstick!








0 Yorumlar